Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club
Club Recruitment & Retention Policy
Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club have set the following aims and objectives around recruitment and retention:
- Encourage and promote the development of rugby within the community
- Provide the opportunity for players of both sexes and all ages to play competitive rugby
- Support and provide the best playing amenities and equipment available
Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club will actively attempt to attract players under the above criteria by:
- Liaising on a regular basis with local schools. This will be done through contact with school staff, distribution of informational material and posters about the Club, contact with pupils (with the schools’ permission) and appeals through school newsletters. The Club will endeavour to foster good relationships with local schools wherever and whenever possible.
- Regular articles in the media and local promotional outlets, including appeals for players and staff.
- Posters placed in Lurgan and the rest of the Clubs catchment area at strategic points such as the leisure centres, community notice boards, church notice boards and local businesses.
- Word of mouth and personal contact with existing players who may be aware of other players who wish to join the Club.
- Through an appeal at the Club’s AGM and any relevant social occasions.
- Via members of the Club who will be responsible for promoting the good name of Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club wherever and whenever possible
Once a member of Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club, players are encouraged to play a full part in the life of the Club by attending both training and social events.
If a player indicates a wish to leave the club, it will be the duty of the relevant team manager/coach to establish any reasons for unrest and to report these to the management committee.
The Club will actively back any player and/or official wishing to take coaching, first aid or any other rugby connected qualifications which are likely to benefit both the individual and the Club. It is hoped that by supporting personal and team development, players will foster a loyalty to Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club.