Lurgan Rugby Football & Cricket Club
Code of Conduct for Referees
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every child and treat everyone equally, regardless of gender, disability, ethnic origin, religion, etc.
- All referees must be a member of their Branch Referees Association.
- Act as a role model and promote the positive aspects of rugby and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct.
- Be responsible for monitoring the boundaries between a working relationship and friendship with players.
- Avoid being alone with underage persons.
- Never deal with injuries unless qualified to do so.
- Encourage coaches/parents to act responsibly and to be responsible for the behaviour and performance of players.
- Ensure that safety is paramount in all games.
- Follow agreed protocols regarding shower arrangements after matches.
- Agree appropriate times for entry to changing rooms to deal with match preparation and ensure members of the team management are present.
- Be punctual, prepared and well presented.
- Ensure players and officials comply with the Laws of the Game.
- Never criticise individual players and or coaches or parents.
- Adhere to all rules and procedures as agreed by the Branch Referees Association